KHS SCEPTER

Senior Sydnee Vance Kicking Up Her Game

Serena Maner, Staff Writer

As the girls’ soccer team sprints through the field, doing anything they can to make sure the opposing team does not score, they can always depend on one person: Sydnee Vance.
Vance started her soccer journey at the young age of four, and has been at it ever since.
“Ever since I was younger I’ve always been the person to push around others around the field although I’m typically a head shorter than most,” Vance admitted.
Vance does not let her height stop her from being the heart of the game. She realized that she can still make a difference by taking the lead. From playing on Tampa Bay Spirit to the King High Girls’ Soccer team, soccer has been a large factor in Vance’s life.

“I love soccer and it’s been a great experience playing high school soccer for 4 years. It’s hard to deal with the fact that I likely won’t be playing in college, yet it’s great to reflect on the small moments and big wins I’ve had with the team while at King,” she said.
Since Vance’s freshmen year, the team has changed vastly. From a new coach to almost an entirely different team, Vance has understood how important it is to be a part of her team. Along with her team, she has been able to adapt and understand new perspectives about soccer from all the changes she has experienced.
“Since last year, there has been a major shift in dynamics. For the past three years, we’ve had a solid team with a few newcomers. This year, after losing so many seniors, it seems like we’re starting anew,” Vance said.
However, soccer is not the only thing on Sydnee’s plate. Not only is she a soccer star, she is also the Student Government Association Overall President, Key Club Lieutenant Governor 14a, and a part of the Temple Terrace Mayor’s Youth Council. Make sure to support our very own Lady Lions soccer team during their games, and make sure to especially cheer on number 16!

About the Writer
Serena Maner, Staff Writer

Maner is a current sophomore in the IB program. This is her second year on staff,  where she mainly writes features and opinions articles. She enjoys...