KHS SCEPTER

Recapping the Relay for Life Team Captain Meeting

Anya Patidar, Staff Writer

The first informational Relay for Life team captain meeting was held on Wednesday, Oct. 24. after school. The committee stressed some important points, fundraising methods, and deadlines.

Firstly, communication is key. Keeping in constant contact with the team captain is crucial in order to receive information.

Also, each team needs three chaperones and two cancer survivors (forms located below) to be present at the event. Each chaperone is responsible for at least one, five hour shift. The cancer survivors can walk laps, eat, and enjoy the festivities.

The next point that was highlighted, is fundraising. The easiest way to raise money is via change buckets. By collecting loose change, you can earn points which contribute to your team’s overall donations. Additionally, linking a social media account to a team’s relay page can aid in collecting donations. Each team member should have raised a total of $110 by the actual event.

This money is due in three separate parts– $10 for registration, $50 by Dec. 3, and $50 by Feb. 11.

Some deadlines are approaching. By Nov. 23 (the second team captain meeting), medical release forms, Agreement to Participate forms, and $10 from every team member are due. Medical release forms are especially necessary, as students cannot stay at the event after-hours without one.

Most importantly, Relay for Life is a team event. Work together to raise funds and honor those who have, or are currently fighting the battle against cancer.

Contact Lee Anne Cronin or Danielle Lucas with any questions.

Chaperone form:

Survivor form:

Deadlines:

About the Writer
Anya Patidar, Staff Writer

Anya Patidar is a freshman at C. Leon King High School. She enjoys volunteering and organizing nonprofits outside of school. Patidar is looking forward...