KHS SCEPTER

Predicting the School Year with Horoscopes – Check Yours Too!

Serena Maner, Staff Writer

Whether you partake in the belief that the stars and their alignment affect us and our daily lives, it is undeniable that it is almost everywhere. Whether you are scrolling on Buzzfeed, Snapchat, or any other form of social media, you are bound to see a title along the words of “Tell us your Horoscope and we will guess your favorite flavor of ice cream!”

As this school year unravels, let us take a glimpse as to how your star sign will determine your fate for the year:

Aries (March 21 – April 19):

This school year will leave you feeling a bit hopeless. You will be struck with drama, fallen grades, and some angst. But, do not fret, this year you will realize what you want versus what you need. Remember, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. You will eventually feel more motivated than ever.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20):

The 2018-2019 school year is your year! This year will finally be the year you get your act together. Remember to put all of your focus towards your academics before anything else. Although you will receive very bad news towards the middle of the year, do not let it ruin the rest of the year!

Gemini (May 21 – June 20):

This year will be the year of confidence. Your security with yourself will reach its peak. You will trust yourself above all others. This year you will also realize some of your closest friends are holding you back, but not as much as you are yourself. Trust yourself always, you will do better than you know.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22):

Your year will consist of finally unmasking the answers to your own questions. Every thought that has been constantly on your mind will soon fade. Something you have always believed in will not be what it seems.

Leo (July 23 – August 22):

Your relationship with your parents will become stronger than ever later on this year. They will give you words of wisdom that you have needed for a while. You will come to the realization that what you needed the most was always right there.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22):

This school year will be the rise of your GPA, yet a downfall within your friend group. Just because someone has been your friend for years does not mean they are necessarily a good friend. You will find yourself within a realm of people you barely know, but will soon become closer than ever.

Libra (September 23 – October 22):

Your passion for a club will leave you with the best yet unexpected news. Your time and hard work will show to have paid off. You will question “Are all of these extra curricular’s worth it?” They are.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21):

This year you will go on an adventure during Winter break. You will focus on your youth and living in the moment. Do not go too far West, though. Your bucket list will be fulfilled.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21):

This year you will lose something valuable to you. You will also learn that you need to be more careful of the people you surround yourself with and your actions, which will lead to prosperity.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19):

The 2018-2019 year is when you will break all of your bad habits. You will make a more conscious effort to be studious and well rounded. Procrastination is not a burden you will deal with.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18):

This school year everything will go your way. Everything you have hoped for will finally come true, and you will finally be content. You will almost fail a class, so pay more attention.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20):

This school year will be the year of acceptance. If you are a current Senior and you are a Pisces, you will get into the school of your dreams. For all underclassmen, you will find acceptance in many other things.

About the Writer
Serena Maner, Staff Writer

Maner is a current sophomore in the IB program. This is her second year on staff,  where she mainly writes features and opinions articles. She enjoys politics, soccer, and playing the viola in the King High School Orchestra, among watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians on Hulu.