KHS SCEPTER

Saved again by the Incredibles!

Isha Harshe, News and Graphics Editor

The Parrs are back! After 14 years of remaining illegal in their city, this family of superheroes teams up with Winston Deavor to make superheroes legal again. In a much-awaited sequel full of action and emotion, viewers were not disappointed.

The story picked up right where it left off in the original – a great beginning, considering how long it had been since the first movie had been released. Once the audience is acquainted with the original storyline, the second story then truly begins. Incredibles 2 brings to light a feminist aspect, I believe, as the main spotlight is on Elastigirl, or Helen. She is chosen to be the face of the superhero squad and to show the world they do not mean to cause destruction. This is much to Bob’s disappointment, as he now has to stay home and take care of the children. Portrayal of such a family modernizes the movie with a new family dynamic – a working mother and a stay-at-home dad.

I really appreciated the character of Elastigirl – she was smart and courageous at the same time, qualities that many women aspire to acquire. She acts as a role model for many women stepping into their careers.

Of course, a good movie is always packed with emotions. The theater was filled with laughter and “awws” throughout the movie, showing how engaged the audience was throughout the movie. As baby Jack-Jack revealed his 17 powers, everybody was laughing as Jack-Jack struggled to harness those powers. His cuteness only pulled more affection out of everybody.

The animation of the movie was definitely fantastic, and the long wait was worth it, considering how much effort goes into producing such movies.

While the focus was on Elastigirl, in the end, the whole family comes to the rescue to defeat the new villain – Screenslaver. The importance of teamwork is emphasized in the movie by demonstrating how everybody’s powers put together are more successful than just the individual.

Overall, Incredibles 2 included many great modern themes while also fulfilling the nostalgia of the audience by bringing back the beloved Parr family. Enthusiasm was widespread as the movie was sold out and a line had formed outside of the auditorium.

Filled with many surprises, Incredibles 2 is a must-watch for all, no matter how old you are. Whether you watch it with family or you watch it with friends, make sure to stop by the theater and enjoy Incredibles 2!

About the Writer
Isha Harshe, Editor-in-Chief

Isha Harshe is the current Editor-in-Chief of the Scepter school newspaper. She is in her senior year in the IB program and this her third year on staff. She enjoys running both cross country and track at King, and loves to paint. Harshe is also the president of the Quill and Scroll Journalism Honor Society and the vice-president of HOSA at King High School.