KHS SCEPTER

Coping with Friendship Losses

Olivia Williams, Staff Writer

Losing a good friend can be hard. Wondering what to do afterwards can be challenging, but life is filled with changes, and losing a friendship is one of those changes. However, finding new friends or other activities to do is not as difficult as it seems. The following are a few pointers to help you in coping with a friendship loss.

• Limit your time talking about this person.

Try to limit all types of communication and ties with this person in order to have a starting point.

“When me and one of my older friends ended our friendship we slowly drifted apart until finally it just ended. It was a little sad because we used to talk everyday but after a while it was ok,” freshman Karisa Miller said.

• Find a hobby.

Find an independent hobby or even with some old friends. Socialize with other people. Try a new activity and you can possibly make a good potential longtime friend in the process.

• Meet new people.

Hang out with some of your friend’s acquaintances or even go out and make your own new friends.

• Finding good people on your level

It is always a good bonus to find people that have the same interest as you. Make sure that they are a positive person and have good goals and intentions. Having a friends who is consistently negative not only messes with the friendship but also with you. Finding a positive person who you can laugh and act freely with will make every day the best.

• Don’t dwell on the past

Try not to lurk on their social media accounts or check to see if they opened your snap. Blocking them and unfollowing them is the best way to go towards moving on.